Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting Ready for My First Session at Harmony High

The big day has finally arrived!

In just a few hours I will begin my first session of teaching the Main Street Philanthropy program to the student government class at Hamony High School.  Thanks to Eric Hansen for making all this happen.

My mission is to help a group of bright and caring students experience the joy of intelligent and passionate philanthropy, and then to see how that changes their lives.  My believe is that the students will learn many, many useful life skills, but most importantly, they will find what they care most deeply about and then get neck-deep involved in making a difference. 

I have found that philanthropy helps people come alive.  One of my favorite quotes is from Howard Thurman:  "Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive.  And then go and do that.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

If just one student can truly come alive because of this program, it will be worth it.  I'm betting that it will be many more than just one.

Here we go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment